Financial compensation being sought by the customer or their representative for something untoward which has arisen during the performance of the contract for carriage of the cargo resulting in damage to, mishandling or delay of, or loss of cargo.
With knowledge that cargo carried by us is not our own, Air Cargo Malawi has an obligation to safeguard cargo at all times.
Clients are required to:
- Immediately report any incident, loss, or mishandling and/or losses of cargo to the Claims Section.
- Prevent unauthorized investigation of claims and inspection of cargo by Third Parties.
- Prevent internal documentation being released to Third Parties.
- Ensure that the circumstances referred to in shippers/consignees correspondence are properly investigated and the circumstances causing the claim are identified.
- Log all claims related correspondence by reference to the AWB number of the shipment to which it relates.